What if my child’s teacher knows there is an IEP but does not follow it?

When this occurs the first thing parents should to do is talk with the teacher. If this does not get you anywhere then go to the principal. You can also call the Exceptional Student Education (ESE) Director and speak to them. Administrators understand the importance of implementing the IEP so they will talk to the teacher. There have been court cases where an individual teacher was sued because they blatantly refused to make the IEP accommodations.