How do I get an initial IEP for my child? My child is having problems in school.

If your child is having problems in school you can start the evaluation process. Begin by talking to your child’s teacher or a school administrator. Tell the teacher that you want your child evaluated for a disability. Put this request in writing and give a copy to the teacher, principal, and the Exceptional Student Education (ESE) Director.