Does the IEP follow you to college?

No. If you have an IEP it does not automatically get sent to your selected college or university. If you want special accommodations in college, you can bring your IEP to the college’s disability services office. This office may have a different name such as the Office of Students with Disabilities, Disability Support Services, or Student Disability Services. Each college has an office where you will ‘register’ with them so that you can continue your accommodations. Universities must provide reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities. Universities follow guidelines from the Americans with Disabilities Act rather than the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.