Can you get an IEP for having bad behavior?

Yes, one of the 13 federal disabilities categories is called Emotional Disturbance or Behavior Disorders. The school district staff will start the child study process if your child’s behavior is significantly interfering with their own educational performance or if their behavior is severely disrupting the education of peers. The school staff will determine if the behavior is a result of a true emotional disorder or if the behavior is related to oppositional defiance or a conduct/ acting out problem.